MMS Care Home Support
MMS delivered dedicated clinical pharmacist support services to the care home population across a North West CCG Vanguard site.
An extensive collaboration was formed between stakeholders in the health & social care sector. Interventions were implemented by Pharmacists in both GP Practice and care home settings
The overarching aim was to deliver a bespoke care home medication review service which optimised the medication regime in line with national and local priorities, guidelines, reduce medicines waste and variance from expected performance. Thus ensuring medicines prescribed are safe and evidence based, improving the health outcomes for patients and provide education and support to care homes where required.
Key Features of a service either in a care home or a community setting will include:
- Level 3 medication review incorporating polypharmacy
- Integration with the wider health and social care team
- Improving health inequalities and supporting NHSRightCare
- Reducing medicines associated risk and hospital admissions
- Supporting education of peers and patients
- Improving medicines adherence and reducing waste
Target Population Reviewed
Indicative QIPP saving